“A turquoise given by a loving hand carries with it happiness and good fortune.”
– Arabic proverb
Sacred stones, crystals and metals have fascinated humans for aeons. Their beauty hypnotizes; their diversity electrifies. As we became more curious about our world, gems were certainly on the list of things people wanted to know more about. Mages, mystics and Medicine Men all sought out the spirit of a stone and its capabilities. Modern correspondence lists are filled with information on what they discovered. The fun part is putting all those energetic attributes to work in our magic.
Uses for Crystals, Gems and Minerals in Wicca and Magic
Witches, Wiccans, Druids, Seers and many other awakened humans use sacred stones regularly for a variety of purposes including money magic (prosperity, abundance). One might be charged with keen-mindedness so you do better on your job before asking for a raise. Another could be saturated with calming energy so you can really focus on successful approaches for improving cash flow. In these examples, there is no one particular stone that is a MUST. Like any other component in magic, what a crystal means to you matters in how you apply it.
Besides staying aware of a stone’s voice when looking for crystals, you need two other pieces of information notable for your Book of Shadows for using your new tool. One would be the many ways you can add them to magical practices. The second is which stones have natural energy dynamics for prosperity, wealth and abundance.
13 Applications for Crystals in Magic and Witchcraft
1. Carrying or wearing an energized stone with you throughout the day, especially if you are shopping or paying the bills. Use it as a literal touchstone before making decisions.
2. Sleeping with your crystal. The purpose here is encouraging insightful dreams about financial situations and opportunities on the horizon. Hint: Make notes of what you see in this dream so you can refer to them later for insight.
3. Making a gem elixir. Wash the stone well then add it to spring water. Let it sit in the water for four minutes (four is the “money” number in Numerology). Remove the stone and drink the water as a way of internalizing that energy for that power presentation or any other expression that can improve your business prospects.
5. Place it with other components you use for money spells. This way all those ingredients charge each other!
6. Move the crystal over specific Chakras to get them back in balance. For example, when you’re afraid of being broke scan your Root Chakra. If you’re irresponsible with spending, focus on the Sacral Chakra and if you gift too much of your money to others (or loan it) that’s your Heart Chakra.
7. Substitute crystal points for a magic wand in your spells. Point the crystal in the direction you’re sending your money-oriented energies. Or point it at yourself since you want the money coming your way.
8. Burying energized crystals around your home. This not only keeps prosperity vibes humming but can also work as a foundation for casting sacred space.
9. Place them on your altar as a gift for or veneration of specific Deities with whom you work when money gets tight (or just to say thanks!).
10. Decorate a change box or bottle with suitable crystals so money grows.
11. Create charms that attract providence, amulets that turn away the poverty pox, and talismans that improve your awareness of positive possibilities when you hear them in conversation or in a moment of inspiration.
12. Use them in pendulum divination (points) when you have binary questions about your financial situation.
13. Try scrying with a crystal, keeping the question about your prospects and needs in mind. Consider making notes of your experience in your Book of Shadows
Stones, Metals, and Minerals Correspondence List for Money Magic
Here is a brief list of the sacred stones, healing crystals and minerals that have strong associations with abundance, success, opulence, and achieving your economic goals. Expand on this in your Witch’s Spell Book as you find more.
Amethyst: Water. Carry this when you’ re working on self-control with regard to your money. Sacred to Bacchus, Dionysus, and Diana (Roman). An anti-theft amulet.
Aventurine: Air. Increases perception, especially when working with iffy financial decisions and situations. A good gambling talisman.
Bloodstone: Fire. Use this when you’re facing legal fees or legal situations that could be costly to ensure your victory. Carried in your wallet or purse, this also attracts money.
Brass: Fire. A substitute for gold, this is an overall money metal, but it is not as strong as gold.
Carnelian: Fire. Use this to effectively communicate about financial problems or situations.
Cat’s-Eye: Earth. A gambler’s talisman that protects what you have and encourages prosperity. Good when you’re working investment magick.
Chrysoprase: Earth. A success stone. Sacred to Vesta (Rome).
Coal: Earth. An overall money stone.
Copper: Water. Use this to improve your luck with money. Sacred to Aphrodite (Greek), Astarte (Canaanite), and Ishtar (Assyro-Babylonian).
Fluorite: Air. Improves knowledge skills and mental focus for your career.
Hematite: Fire. Use for establishing strong foundations. An alternative stone is an obsidian.
Iron: Fire. This will help you recover any stolen or lost goods. Sacred to Selene (Greece).
Jade: Water. A money-attracting stone that also helps heal difficult financial situations. Sacred to Kwan Yin (China), Maat (Egypt), and Buddha (Tibet).
Lodestone: Water. Use this to “attract” prosperity.
Malachite: Earth. Emphasizes business success.
Quartz: Fire. An overall energy-boosting stone. The green form of quartz is particularly good for money magick.
Rhodonite: Fire. Promotes mental clarity.
Salt: Earth. Establishing firm foundations, protecting your resources, and improving financial flow. Sacred to Aphrodite (Greece).
Silver: Water. Although the modern value of silver has lessened, it has a similar prosperous energy as gold, only to a lesser degree. Sacred to Isis (Egypt), Luna (Rome), Selene (Greek), and many other lunar goddesses.
Tiger eye: Fire. Luck with money, improved divinatory efforts with regard to financial questions, and protection.
Tourmaline: Water. Green is particularly useful for luck in business, pink tourmaline opens the path for a positive reception at the loan office, and black helps banish negative financial situations.
Color Correspondences for Money Magic
What happens when you do not have one of the stones on this list? Go to the next best thing – the color of a stone. Colors have distinct vibrations. Every shade differs and creates specific energetic signatures. Here’s a list you can refer to when designing money spells and rituals.
Red: Red stones stimulate and get things moving. When you need endurance or help with getting a business deal “unstuck” red is the go-to color.
Orange: Orange supports a healthy immune system. When we struggle financially it can really zap us mentally and physically. Orange crystals help offset that.
Yellow: Yellow stones are brain food. When you want a clear mind and sound decisions, use yellow crystals.
Green: As the color of paper money, green stones are useful in any type of financial magic or spells focused on abundance.
Blue: Blue crystals boost your intuitive nature. Trust those gut instincts and hunches!
Indigo: Indigo gems are healers and purifiers. Use these after hardship. Also carry them if you feel mal-intended energy coming your way that could derail your positive efforts.
Violet: Violet stones support dedication and ally stress. Use these to get your mind settled before making important choices that impact your bottom line.
Black crystals keep you grounded. This color focuses your intent on long-term security instead of a short-term fix.
Money is Energy: Ethics and Money Magic
Some people have misgivings about using magic for improving their financial framework. You shouldn’t. As long as you are ready, willing and able to support your money magic with honest efforts in your daily life you are exchanging energy for the intent desired. Money, stability, abundance – none of these things typically fall into someone’s lap and if they do that comes with responsibility. Work your spells honorably. Greet the results with thankfulness.
Adapted from Money Magic by Patricia Telesco all Rights Reserved