What's new
Wise Witches and Witchcraft
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls

Where are our Cauldronites at?

Whyterosewand

Hi there! I am from sunny Glasgow in Scotland. Where the bigotry is rife and the seagulls are the size of small pterodactyls!!
We do have a rather fine graveyard called the Necropolis, and a cave area called The Devils Pulpit 😁
My Dads side of the family are Glaswegian although my Granda came over to Northern Ireland for work for 20 years and Dad stayed. Yes to the pterodactyls! Best bakery in the world in Milngavie I remember looking forward to that all year when we were going over

Joanna Gannon

A basic question really.. to get the flavour of our community.
Personally I'm in Stoke-on-Trent, England aka The Potteries, home (or former) of Wedgwood, Royal Doulton and Portmerion and the like and birthplace of RJ Mitchell, designer of the Spitfire.
Not a great deal around here regarding stone circles and the like, I have to cross into Derbyshire for those.
Where are you and what delights does your home town/city/village offer?
Hi, I live in London, luckily for me I'm on the boarder of Surrey so lots of open spaces and nature reserves 😁 I love the diversity of living in London but also the quite and open spaces of the area I'm actually in, I live close by to a river that brings me comfort and is my go to place in the woods by the river whenever I need to re charge my energies.

Merry meet everyone

michelle.turner

Hiiii. I live in Romford, Essex/East London area. There is literally nothing around here. I was looking at going to a non-denominational spiritualist church to try and increase my ability but the nearest one closed down. So I'm rethinking

I'm from Dublin, Republic of Ireland. while there's not a lot in Dublin itself, there are a few places that are within driving distance (within an hrs drive) eg Newgrange, Hill of Tara.
My ancestors were from Dublin!! One day I will be taking a trip across the pond to visit the UK. I'm also English, Scottish and Welsh. I can't wait to see the beauty of the homelands of my ancestors!!

Peggy82

Hey, morning blessings from Northumberland. I'm a solitary eclectic witch and where I live I am surrounded by beautiful countryside, woodlands, rivers, lakes, coastline, wildlife it's just perfect for me and I love nature so I personally I couldn't think of anywhere better to be! There is castles and ruins to visit and really old old buildings holding so much history and energy. I like to visit a local harbour on a Sunday where there is a market held and a local witch has a stall where she sells her wares. Lovely to be here and meet you all, thanks for accepting me into the group and I look forward to learning new things from you all. Love and light 🙏
Peggy the witch!

Uber Llama

Hello. I'm Daphne Collier on the Facebook TC group. I live in Staunton, Virginia, USA. My town is located in the Shenandoah Valley. It doesn't have a whole lot of stuff that it's famous for except President Woodrow Wilson was born there. lol It's a quaint, small college town, home of Mary Baldwin University (Go Squirels!) that was founded in 1761. It's got some really old buildings and cemeteries that I love to explore. One in particular is Thornrose Cemetery. It has so many beautiful statues and mausoleums. I live near the Blue Ridge Mountains, and can see the mountains from my house.

Uber Llama

I am technically in Stone Mountain, GA - but Atlanta. Because just about everything in the vicinity is Atlanta, as the metropolis spans far beyond the actual city limits. And many cities that are now "suburbs" were once upon a time just boroughs of the city making the matter far more confusing. So Stone Mountain - Atlanta, GA 😅
Here in Stone Mountain we have....Stone Mountain. Either a hot-button confederate monument, or a beautiful state park depending on who you ask. But, I love it for the wildlife, beauty and history. It is actually the core of a dead volcano, spans under 5 states, and at one point the quarries around it produced upwards of 80% of domestic granite in the US, though that has reduced dramatically today - but remains the largest piece of exposed granite in the world. It also has the creepiest fucking carillon I've ever seen.
Atlanta as a whole has tons of hidden gems, nature preserves are secretly tucked around everywhere in the city, and one of our many monikers is "the City of Trees" and we really live up to it. We have many historic & notably haunted buildings dotted through out the city - some of them registered historical sites, some of them just regular residential locations that have become local legends. We have several legit speakeasies that have become local scavenger hunts to find the passwords to get in - that change daily, sometimes hourly when people get too mouthy.
There's plenty more - but these are some faves.
The film industry is not fun.

Also, Coca Cola everything. It's basically the official religion down here.
I lived in Fayetteville for close to 20 years, and Douglasville for 4. I know all about Stone Mountain and Coca~Cola. 😊 Pinewood Studios was just down the road from my home in Fayetteville. And I knew plenty of people who were zombies in The Walking Dead. 🧟🧟🧟

Christine Manders

A basic question really.. to get the flavour of our community.
Personally I'm in Stoke-on-Trent, England aka The Potteries, home (or former) of Wedgwood, Royal Doulton and Portmerion and the like and birthplace of RJ Mitchell, designer of the Spitfire.
Not a great deal around here regarding stone circles and the like, I have to cross into Derbyshire for those.
Where are you and what delights does your home town/city/village offer?
I am living in my home town Middlesbrough, England. It’s located on the North East Coast. We are very close to Whitby, a quaint seaside town with strong gothic, witchcraft and pagan myths and legends. It’s very atmospheric even on the brightest of days and you get the best cod and chips in the world. Worth a visit just for that and the fresh crab. 🤣

Middlesbrough is an industrial town but a lot of that has died out over the last 40 years. Because of this we are commonly known as Smoggies.

Peggy82

I am living in my home town Middlesbrough, England. It’s located on the North East Coast. We are very close to Whitby, a quaint seaside town with strong gothic, witchcraft and pagan myths and legends. It’s very atmospheric even on the brightest of days and you get the best cod and chips in the world. Worth a visit just for that and the fresh crab. 🤣

Middlesbrough is an industrial town but a lot of that has died out over the last 40 years. Because of this we are commonly known as Smoggies.
I love visiting Whitby!!! 😍

StephenPugh

The Cauldron Moderator
I'm from Stoke -on-Trent originally, I moved to Dumfries & Galloway ( southwest Scotland) 18 years ago. I'm lucky to be in an area that has alot of standing stones. the nearest ones are ( Tourhouse stone circle ) just 10mins drive from where I live. I love hearing from such a diverse mixture of people from all over the world. Love you all. xxx
Waves from Stoke :)

• Love
Reactions: EmJ

H LM Malone

I lived in Fayetteville for close to 20 years, and Douglasville for 4. I know all about Stone Mountain and Coca~Cola. 😊 Pinewood Studios was just down the road from my home in Fayetteville. And I knew plenty of people who were zombies in The Walking Dead. 🧟🧟🧟
I knew a guy that did prop work for walking dead, and they filmed parts of Stranger Things on my street when we lived in Decatur. And they are *always* filming something at Agnes Scott....
Decatur streets are tiny. Running into a filming zone is NOT fun. When I have to show ID to get out of my own driveway just to get my kid to school - I'm annoyed, and over it.

Uber Llama

I knew a guy that did prop work for walking dead, and they filmed parts of Stranger Things on my street when we lived in Decatur. And they are *always* filming something at Agnes Scott....
Decatur streets are tiny. Running into a filming zone is NOT fun. When I have to show ID to get out of my own driveway just to get my kid to school - I'm annoyed, and over it.
When I lived in Douglasville, they filmed a lot of Stranger Things downtown. The sheriff's office was an old police station downtown. Also some scenes of the arcade were filmed in an old laundromat. They also constructed a fake old 50s style McDonald's downtown for the movie The Founder.

Róisín

My ancestors were from Dublin!! One day I will be taking a trip across the pond to visit the UK. I'm also English, Scottish and Welsh. I can't wait to see the beauty of the homelands of my ancestors!!
I've got Scottish blood in these veins as well.... plus the fiery temper of both to match. LOL

Moon Raven

I'm from central NY in the foothills of the Adirondack mountains. I live in the boonies and have 44 acres of wilderness property I'm always exploring. I'm always finding bits of nature to take back home. I'm 15 minutes from Little Falls NY where "A Quiet Place" was filmed. It was amazing to see Main St. so transformed for the movie. I'm also 20 minutes from the famous Herkimer Diamond mines. Herkimer quartz diamonds are said to have a high frequency that raises telepathic abilities and eases communication with spirit guides. Nice to meet you all!

Veritash

Bright Blessings from the Big Apple. Posting in the Cauldon as Linda Wolf. I have lived my whole life in New York City where we have a little bit of everything. Parks, gardens, museums, zoos, beaches, theatre, music, you name it. I live in a very spiritually active house in Queens surrounded by about 7 cemetaries all within walking distance.
Quiet neighbors and lots of greenery. Happy to be here.