What's new
Wise Witches and Witchcraft
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls

When you write spells……

TanyaPoss

Spell for That & The Cauldron Moderator
When creating your own personal spells, how important is it to you that everything rhymes and just flows off the tongue? Or, are the the type that just takes the intent and run? Xo

Malcolm

When creating your own personal spells, how important is it to you that everything rhymes and just flows off the tongue? Or, are the the type that just takes the intent and run? Xo
Some of my spells are Bardic in nature, that being so, they have to have tune that goes with them. I always think that any song or tune that can put you into a daydream is a bardic tune, the sort of thing that makes you loose yourself a little. So I take a tune from a musical, and put my own words to it. you can use this foe a spell, a blessing, a prayer. anything you want. But, be careful, every now and then you come across a tune that works really well with the words that you put to it. The power that comes out of this sort of bardic tune can make for more magic than is needed, you can go to far.

LiathGallese

Many of my spells are wordless, which is hilarious for an English teacher, but I often find that the words block me, and so I use sound/chants, movement, and visualizations. I generally only speak out loud when I am working with others so we can stay syncronized.

Maybe BECAUSE of my work, I cant be relaxed about words, or because it is such a big part of my "normal" day, I need to choose other formats to shake myself out of beta brainwaves into alpha.

Tash

The Cauldron Moderator
When I write for others I try to rhyme. That how lots of folks are taught. For myself, not so much. Some don't even have words but feelings and intent. They work either way.

H LM Malone

If I'm writing not ~just~ for workings, but for aethetics also (maybe it's a special public setting, or a holiday ceremony where a lil more razzle dazzle is nice ) then I rhyme. For just my personal workings, I just go with clear intentions