What's new
Witchcraft and Witches
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls

What age did you come to the craft?

Moonstone

The Celtic Witch Moderator
I was very young. I learnt a lot about nature and species from as far back as I can remember. But I always say I start my journey aged 13/15 when I started to study . I’m still learning today aged 46 and I believe we never actually stop. So I could honestly say I’ve been on my magical path my whole life. Past life memories show me I was before as well so you could say I have a old witch soul.

Attachments

• 6DD36036-2781-4375-9AE1-171ABF86AD2E.jpeg
    6DD36036-2781-4375-9AE1-171ABF86AD2E.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 3C02CE6C-A27E-4B1C-8295-263380FDA905.jpeg
    3C02CE6C-A27E-4B1C-8295-263380FDA905.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1
I started with my granny who learned from her mother which would have been my great granny so I started very young learning about plants growing up in the mountains, and as time went on when I became a teenager about 14 maybe I really started seeing the shadow figures I predicted my stepfather having a heart attack which he did a day later he did survive, but years later he ended up with major bypass surgery and passed away about 5 years after the bypass I actually saw his grandmother walking up the steps to get him the night he passed away, now mind you he was my stepfather so I've never really knew what his grandmother looked like, so when I showed his sister she showed me a picture and it was the exact same woman. If I've been actually given the gift of sight and learning about plants from a very young age I really did try to block it out but as I got older I'm like heck we may as well just go with it cuz if it's a gift I'm going to run with it because this is what I was given.

Moonstone

I started with my granny who learned from her mother which would have been my great granny so I started very young learning about plants growing up in the mountains, and as time went on when I became a teenager about 14 maybe I really started seeing the shadow figures I predicted my stepfather having a heart attack which he did a day later he did survive, but years later he ended up with major bypass surgery and passed away about 5 years after the bypass I actually saw his grandmother walking up the steps to get him the night he passed away, now mind you he was my stepfather so I've never really knew what his grandmother looked like, so when I showed his sister she showed me a picture and it was the exact same woman. If I've been actually given the gift of sight and learning about plants from a very young age I really did try to block it out but as I got older I'm like heck we may as well just go with it cuz if it's a gift I'm going to run with it because this is what I was given.
Ty for sharing xxx🌛🌝🌜

The 70s is when I started and I'm still learning. Went to college to study eclectic topics and went on for a doctorate in Comparative Religions (Anthropology) and in Sociological History (History, obviously). Michael Harner taught me Shamanism. I'm blessed to count the top witches of NYC among friends and Cabot family members as beloved sisters and friends. Always loved the study of people and had a lot of great opportunities in New York City. Now I'm a silver hippie (but still blonde) and crone.

In this part of the journey, I still teach a year-and-a-day for all pagans based on archeological evidence (instead of invasive orthodoxy paganism that's actually not pre-xtian), sorting out the New Agers and prison heathens, practice time on a lunar calendar of 3 Germanic Norse festivals, and still loving the Spiral Path. Life is a wonderful journey. Blessed be.

Attachments

• Practitioners of the Craft cover pic.jpg
    Practitioners of the Craft cover pic.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Kerensa

My great grandad began my introduction to nature around the age of 5, he used to teach me about plants and herbs and their properties and how everything related to seasons/sun/moon. I was around 12 when things started to make sense but didn't really start to follow the path until I was in my early 20's.

Moonstone

The 70s is when I started and I'm still learning. Went to college to study eclectic topics and went on for a doctorate in Comparative Religions (Anthropology) and in Sociological History (History, obviously). Michael Harner taught me Shamanism. I'm blessed to count the top witches of NYC among friends and Cabot family members as beloved sisters and friends. Always loved the study of people and had a lot of great opportunities in New York City. Now I'm a silver hippie (but still blonde) and crone. In this part of the journey, I still teach a year-and-a-day for all pagans based on archeological evidence (instead of invasive orthodoxy paganism that's actually not post-xtian), sorting out the New Agers and prison heathens, and still loving the Spiral Path. Life is a wonderful journey. Blessed be.
Fantastic I was born 1975

Moonstone

My great grandad began my introduction to nature around the age of 5, he used to teach me about plants and herbs and their properties and how everything related to seasons/sun/moon. I was around 12 when things started to make sense but didn't really start to follow the path until I was in my early 20's.
How wonderful xxxc

Moonstone

The 70s is when I started and I'm still learning. Went to college to study eclectic topics and went on for a doctorate in Comparative Religions (Anthropology) and in Sociological History (History, obviously). Michael Harner taught me Shamanism. I'm blessed to count the top witches of NYC among friends and Cabot family members as beloved sisters and friends. Always loved the study of people and had a lot of great opportunities in New York City. Now I'm a silver hippie (but still blonde) and crone. In this part of the journey, I still teach a year-and-a-day for all pagans based on archeological evidence (instead of invasive orthodoxy paganism that's actually not post-xtian), sorting out the New Agers and prison heathens, and still loving the Spiral Path. Life is a wonderful journey. Blessed be.
We really never stop

Beth M

I was always into nature, trees and gardens ever since I was a little girl. Butterflies would always land on me. I saved a while butterfly on the side of the road once. I named her Charlotte. I nursed her or him lol back to health and watched Charlotte fly away. I always thought I was a little different from the rest of the kids. I just never knew why. I definitely think I got that from both of my parents. My parents always had a horseshoe hanging at the entrance of their living room. They also had bells hanging, incense burning. Anyway, I first started to practice the craft about a year ago snd I live every minute of it. I feel so free and happy!
Sending blessings to everyone!
-Beth Maddeford

Black roses

I would have to say that i began around age 4 or 5yrs old being in my own back yard ; collecting sticks n bugs and making moon water n mud pies n so forth . i come from a long line of "indian" women .indian n celtic women have so much in common . i am also part celtic . i dont usually tell everyone that but i feel really comfortable here .
So being that those 2 genetics are bred into me , it always seem to come natural to me . i even spent time as a youngin' making my own perfumes and lotions . as i became an older teen ,i learned how to cook using different seasonings n spices and trying them out 1st myself .
Then after i had married i learned how to make my very own soy jar candles . they turned out great ! Not to brag . lol
Now bcuz of financial difficulties , ive had to let those hobbies go . but i have since learned to be more happier with meditation and votive candles (bought) , insence cones n sticks ,white dried sage , i love growing my own plants veggies n i have a red earred slidder turtle in a 55 gallon aquarium sitting in my livingroom so ive brought the outside -indoors so to speak .
Now ive reached new growth within myself and feel so much more comfortable in my own skin . thanks for ready this story .
Blessed be

Hard to say really, my mum always talked about luck, bad luck , thing to protect you , special times of the year , how to not fear the dead ,but be cautious of the living , believing in your intuition. So i guess always , in my 30s/40s i started looking deeper for myself, but last yr (im 60 ) after a really surprise back operation , something shifted (and not my back😂)and i now feel a presence around me all the time and a need to do more.

Yvonne, you made me chuckle ...but I do hope your back is healing well firstly 🤗....what do you mean you feel a presence around you now after surgery?! Like a spirit guide?
Yes maybe a spirit guide or maybe just a protective spirit. The week after the op i had terrible insomnia (a side effect of the pain SUPPOSEDLY killers ) but during the long nights and days that i was in bed flat on my back, i had the sensation of someone over my left shoulder , i still do some 12 months later ,if i stir through the night i feel them there . I also must say that i went to hospital during the covid lockdown so was totally alone , no visitors, and i felt very vunerable.