What's new
Wise Witches and Witchcraft
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls

Wand making

Willow Witch

Hey everyone!
Unfortunately a storm took out a huge branch of a willow tree in my yard the other day. It has a lot of smaller branches as well as some larger pieces. I really want to honor the tree by making some wands and possible wreaths from the whips.
So let's talk wands! And staffs! Any preferred materials? Things you like to stay away from?

Friends have made wands from some of my mugwort stems, they are very woody and strong. I have one that I use but isn't inscribed or anything yet. I plan to make it look fancy someday. I've also used apple tree branches that have been cut or fallen for this. I love my trees and herbs for things like this. I stay away from anything made by another simply because it has someone elses energy I just don't want that. My first wand was made by a man from outside the USA and I regret having it now. Long story. Got rid of it soon as I realized the problems it caused. And making your own items is way cheaper!

Willow Witch

I definitely prefer making my own too! I haven't made one in a long time though. I usually use some ribbons and threaded crystals as a wrap as opposed to carving them.

Black roses

I went walking through a local park by our river where there are very old very very old tree's after it stormed . i was lucky enough to find an oak branch ! I then brought it home and smudged it .
Later , i took my copper wire and wrapped small crystals around it . and at the bottom ,where i hold it , i wrapped skinny leather straps covering the branch giving it kinda a handle so to speak .
Now bcuz its about 2-1/2 ft long i do not actually use this wand , it is just a treasure .

Willow Witch

I went walking through a local park by our river where there are very old very very old tree's after it stormed . i was lucky enough to find an oak branch ! I then brought it home and smudged it .
Later , i took my copper wire and wrapped small crystals around it . and at the bottom ,where i hold it , i wrapped skinny leather straps covering the branch giving it kinda a handle so to speak .
Now bcuz its about 2-1/2 ft long i do not actually use this wand , it is just a treasure .
That's awesome! I love it when I find things like that randomly.