What's new
Wise Witches and Witchcraft
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls

Natural or manmade substances?

LiathGallese

Okay... I have no clear opinion on this topic one way or the other... but I am curious about every one else's thoughts.

I see people using molds to use polymer resins to make crystals, jewelry etc. Would you use, let's say a wand, with polymer crystals instead of organic natural ones? What do you see as the pros and cons?

If you are a "climate change activist" (for lack of a better word) how do you feel about this use of non naturals?

My thoughts....
I appreciate the use of it in jewelry, wearables, decorations, even statues. I have a friend who works in as a death doula who makes memory necklaces from cremains and I think that is a lovely idea. But I wouldnt use "plastic crystals" because they have no inherent energy of their own, no unique frequency of vibrations. I understand they can work quite well as batteries, or even to focus my energy that I already have IF I program it so, but since I am an earth healer, energy type pagan, holding those polymer crystals ... just feels empty to me.

What about you?

Trish Telesco

Wow. Great question.

Created crystals (not just plastic) exist. The question becomes what do they "take away" from the earth. Are they biodegradable or non-harmful in the environment.

I am one of those people who will use anything in a pinch, in the belief that EVERYTHING can be a tool so long as I have a mental connection with the symbolism of the tool. For example, say I want to use a hammer (to hammer something home) in a spell, but only have a plastic toy hammer. The symbolism remains. Now I realize you're talking crystals, but I think the concept is similar.

the "created" crystal's shape and color have symbolic value. So maybe that's the trigger for energy for a person. There are many fakes in the market, so people may be working with a "natural" stone perfectly well even though it's not natural. They don't know it, so they treat the crystal as they would any other. Psychology is an amazing part of magic!

This is what I learned from a friend on FB about toxicity. Perhaps it will be helpful.

Malcolm

All things are natural, in as much that nothing that is made can be made from anything that does not come from the earth. It all starts here and ends here. even if a thing is brand new, the chemical that make it up, have been around for as long as the earth has. the only things on the earth that are new, contain life. so in answer to your question, my answer is, that it does not matter a jot.

Black roses

i guess in my opinion , i would lean towards the natural side of things within limits . im not going to cut down the very last tree standing on earth for a couch to sit on but would like my furniture to be made out of natural materials . so it depends .

wildflower983

Okay... I have no clear opinion on this topic one way or the other... but I am curious about every one else's thoughts.

I see people using molds to use polymer resins to make crystals, jewelry etc. Would you use, let's say a wand, with polymer crystals instead of organic natural ones? What do you see as the pros and cons?

If you are a "climate change activist" (for lack of a better word) how do you feel about this use of non naturals?

My thoughts....
I appreciate the use of it in jewelry, wearables, decorations, even statues. I have a friend who works in as a death doula who makes memory necklaces from cremains and I think that is a lovely idea. But I wouldnt use "plastic crystals" because they have no inherent energy of their own, no unique frequency of vibrations. I understand they can work quite well as batteries, or even to focus my energy that I already have IF I program it so, but since I am an earth healer, energy type pagan, holding those polymer crystals ... just feels empty to me.

What about you?
I have to 100% agree with you. Simply because I need to feel the vibrations of my natural crystals and stones. I cannot work with anything that isn't real. If I am sold something that is stated real and is lab created, or phony, or fake perhaps in anyway I would blow my gasket.

I'm a Virgo, I'm the Mother of all the Zodiac's. I'm grounding, and I do too also enjoy the flow of water, Nature's adventurous wild side, the woods and mountains. A little bit of everything, along with my artesian teas, my raw-natural crystals and stones from Selenite Wands to Rhodinite. It has to be absolutely 100% real for me. I just can't feel connectedto anything other than.

My thoughts are if Nature's not broke don't try to fix her up with something fake. It's not alone insulting but it's absolutely insane, just my opinion but you know what they say about those. The impurities one happens to create from what's a decorative, accent house piece is just infuriating. Well, compared to the earth's natural resources. I mean, honestly I could go on. Alas, I'll step down from the podium. Thanks for asking an extremely important question.

- Wildflower983

wildflower983

I most definitely think its personal too. I mean, if you look at a crystal and think "meh" - it's not going to be a good tool in your kit, even the natural ones
My sentiments exactly