What's new
Wise Witches and Witchcraft
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls

Let's talk about altars!

TanyaPoss

Spell for That & The Cauldron Moderator
What is a few must have items do you ALWAYS transfer to every altar setup no matter the season? Myself I have a marble slab I use as my table topper that has my protection runes all over it.

Attachments

• 45969dc5f4350e276efab50e7e9aa35e.jpg
    45969dc5f4350e276efab50e7e9aa35e.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 5

LiathGallese

I dont have a lot of must haves... But nearly all my altars, mini devotional sites, etc have little offering bowls, where I can leave offerings or spellwork to charge.

Attachments

• IMG_20210706_163813.jpg
    IMG_20210706_163813.jpg
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 4

Tash

The Cauldron Moderator
I have to have representation of the elements on all my altars. I also take my pentacle and mirror too.

Angie

Spell for That Moderator
I dont really change my altar for the seasons.... I will always have on it my pentacle..my wands...my stones...a goblet..my athame...runes...ect.

Peggy82

This is how mine looks "today" I'm always changing it about adding and taking away depending on what I need to work with. I also have other items placed on shelves with my books etc I suppose I'm a fussy faffy witch that likes to change daily haha!
Screenshot_20210709-105846_Facebook.jpg

H LM Malone

I have a stag skull cap that -must- be there. I am waiting for the crows & owls to gift me some items....when that finally happens, they will absolutely be must haves.

Black roses

The "must-haves" for my altar are a brass bell , insence holder , potpourri simmer, atleast 2 votive candle holders , an atheme , my statue of Athena , my black tourmaline crystal , my amethyst crystal , a bowl of black Hawaiian salt , and my cauldron . just recently i added a hand broom home-made . to represent dusting off the old to be new again .

Dragonfly68

The bare minium for me is a candle, inscense and an offering bowl. With that I can do a quick spell or offering. Right now my main alter is packed away. I usually have one each for our house deity, my main deity, nature spirits and ancestors but they are packed away at the moment. Hopefully they'll be unpacked soon.

Glinda

I have a spot, it's just that cats adore magical energy (at least in my experience) so I periodically have to clean up incense and put statuary back in place LOL.

BTW I have always loved the homophone symbolic bridge between Altar and Alter!