What's new
Wise Witches and Witchcraft
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls

Herbs, herbs, herbs!

TanyaPoss

Spell for That & The Cauldron Moderator
We all have that one favorite comfort herb, that always seems to end up in everything we create ourselves. Mine is rosemary, because it just automatically makes me feel safe the second I smell it, what’s yours and why? Xo

MaryAnn13

We all have that one favorite comfort herb, that always seems to end up in everything we create ourselves. Mine is rosemary, because it just automatically makes me feel safe the second I smell it, what’s yours and why? Xo
I always end up using mugwort and jasmine flowers, jasmine always smells good to me and is very calming, and I love to add ingredients to things that will encourage prophetic dreaming or lucid dreams. I just finally found blue lotus as well and have used many other herbs but these are my faves.

Moonsister

Bay Leaves are my go-to. Went to France and found a whole Bay Tree (Laurel) - 30 foot high.. Just hugged it. My son thought I was crazy - as I was breaking off branches of it - he asked "What the heck do you want that for???". Being an Aussie, told him...hehehehe.. So, Bay Leaves, writing intent and then burning them. Sticking them in my purse and carrying them around, for good luck....oh, oh, I could go on. I keep the Bay Tree in a pot, (in Australia) otherwise, it would go crazy. I went to a Market and bought some herbs and the like. The lady asked "Why, did you buy these strange herbs"? I answered "Because I have all the rest!!!". Lavender, I have a plant that has been growing for 21 years and it just loves where it is. Mediterranean (sp!) climate. Burn the leaves, make smudge sticks of them. I grow Lemon Balm and use it for same. I have a Wormwood plant, that just keeps galloping along and not too sure what to do with it. Apart, from keeping pests at bay (pardon the pun). My Rosemary keeps the bees happy and so happy to share. Clary sage is just a joy in a smudge stick. Every herb is just a joy, just saying. They all have different purposes and bring us all different things. xxxx Hugs to all

Tash

The Cauldron Moderator
Bay Leaves are my go-to. Went to France and found a whole Bay Tree (Laurel) - 30 foot high.. Just hugged it. My son thought I was crazy - as I was breaking off branches of it - he asked "What the heck do you want that for???". Being an Aussie, told him...hehehehe.. So, Bay Leaves, writing intent and then burning them. Sticking them in my purse and carrying them around, for good luck....oh, oh, I could go on. I keep the Bay Tree in a pot, (in Australia) otherwise, it would go crazy. I went to a Market and bought some herbs and the like. The lady asked "Why, did you buy these strange herbs"? I answered "Because I have all the rest!!!". Lavender, I have a plant that has been growing for 21 years and it just loves where it is. Mediterranean (sp!) climate. Burn the leaves, make smudge sticks of them. I grow Lemon Balm and use it for same. I have a Wormwood plant, that just keeps galloping along and not too sure what to do with it. Apart, from keeping pests at bay (pardon the pun). My Rosemary keeps the bees happy and so happy to share. Clary sage is just a joy in a smudge stick. Every herb is just a joy, just saying. They all have different purposes and bring us all different things. xxxx Hugs to all
Wormwood is good for visions and menstrual cramps. For visions burn in a ventilated place or wear it in your person. For cramps, tea is good. No more than half a gram per cup of tea twice a day. In the craft it can be used for protection, love, and psychic development. It can also be used in calling spirits though I've never used it this way.

A-Smile-From-Heaven

Hi all Herb lovers! I’m super new to this (like 2 days new 🤣) and here to learn and be inspired. This might be a silly question but is there a preference between dry or fresh herbs. And can pure essential oils be replaced for a herb ok? As a newbie I’m currently using what I have on hand, which is a mixture of what fresh herb I have grown, rosemary, dried herbs from my pantry and essential oils. I understand the craft is individual to the person but want to make sure I learn the basic understanding of the different uses for these 3 things. Also with dry herbs, are the one you get in grocery shop ok, or do they have to be specifically sourced? Hope this makes sense 🤞🏻

Black roses

Hi all Herb lovers! I’m super new to this (like 2 days new 🤣) and here to learn and be inspired. This might be a silly question but is there a preference between dry or fresh herbs. And can pure essential oils be replaced for a herb ok? As a newbie I’m currently using what I have on hand, which is a mixture of what fresh herb I have grown, rosemary, dried herbs from my pantry and essential oils. I understand the craft is individual to the person but want to make sure I learn the basic understanding of the different uses for these 3 things. Also with dry herbs, are the one you get in grocery shop ok, or do they have to be specifically sourced? Hope this makes sense 🤞🏻
Hi , each herb , dried or fresh ,homegrown or grocery store , all each have a different purpose . same with essential oils , different purpose . just be very careful to look up which herb you are going after bcuz you wouldnt know it - but they are very powerful . especially if youre allergic .

Willow Witch

My go to for almost everything is lemon balm. Makes great tea, foot soaks, and scents my salves very nicely when infused with the carrier oils. Second go to is garden sage. I use fern frond dill in all of my teas for respiratory colds. There are just so many, I could literally go on forever lol. My favorite native plant is plantain though. So great for bug bites!

Black roses

My go to for almost everything is lemon balm. Makes great tea, foot soaks, and scents my salves very nicely when infused with the carrier oils. Second go to is garden sage. I use fern frond dill in all of my teas for respiratory colds. There are just so many, I could literally go on forever lol. My favorite native plant is plantain though. So great for bug bites!
My goto is spearmint /peppermint , and rosemary then cayenne peppers . dont forget the cbd lol .