What's new
Wise Witches and Witchcraft
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls

Faith vs Indoctrination

StephenPugh

The Cauldron Moderator
Faith:-
A belief in something not necessarily Provable or Tangible because of your OWN feelings, thoughts and experiences.

Indoctrination:-
The process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically, often learning by rote.
There is a HUGE difference in the two things, yet often one is substituted for the other.
---
Take the Pagan..going through life as anyone else, then suddenly a revelation.. be it reading a book, seeing something with your own eyes or hearing a Voice in your ear... that is FAITH or true belief.

Take the infant having water poured over it's head while the "congregation" performs rituals unchanged over centuries, blindly, without question, then sent through Schools ran by Organised Religions..THAT is Indoctrination.

Follow what YOU believe inside.
Don't be spoon-fed.

Moon Raven

So easy to say, so hard to do. For years I dabbled in witchy things and attended psychic classes, etc, until I found out I'd go to hell for it, so I converted to Catholicism because it was the true Christian religion, only to recently leave it after 1.5 years. I've recently had some truths revealed to me that makes all of my questions, doubts and things that just didn't ring true to me about the faith, finally make sense. However, 50 years of christian indoctrination has left its mark, because even though I've finally chosen to follow my true path, I have guilt and fear of going to hell for choosing a pagan path, let alone being a witch. At the same time, it's so freeing to be released from all the man-made rules and obligations and being able to do what I kniw to be my truth. I know we are all on separate paths and I mean no offense to anyone's beliefs. I just know that what I am doing now feels right to me.