What's new
Wise Witches and Witchcraft
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls

Cutting ancestral ethereal cords

Tuwamare

Does anyone have a simple spell that helps with this? I am currently doing the emotional work to cut these cords, but would like a physical ritual to complete them. Thank you!

Glinda

A little bit of background would help. Why would you want to cut ties with your Ancestors?

Tuwamare

I am trying to rid myself of the baggage they put on me my entire life. Started with my grandmother, then through my mother. I want to be able to go on with my life without feeling the guilt they laid upon me for being born.

Glinda

you may need a ritual for that. I only say this because rituals have a way of illustrating your request to the universe in a different way than a spell. The set up, the words, the movement, colors, incense - all the sensual cues of ritual can help bring you to a place where you can cut the ties.

I will suggest, if possible, you do this without anger. You don't want to disengage, only to have lingering negativity. Go into it with a solid purpose, strong will, and pure intent.

The basic construct of a ritual is:

set up
protection
prayers if desired
symbolic actions and words
giving thanks to the Universe (or God) for any aid provided
closing
moving on.

There's more, but it's a good start.

Tuwamare

Thank you, Glinda. I appreciate your guidance. I will keep this in mind as I continue to formulate what I am going to do. I bear no ill will to my family, I'm sure this pattern has gone on for generations. I just need to let it go.

TanyaPoss

Spell for That & The Cauldron Moderator
Cord cutting spells are usually the best to start with. That way you are simply cutting your ties with whatever you need without sending ill will towards the cause of the need. But, from personal experience, it is difficult to cut ties with ancestors without facing the problem that caused you to feel this way. Xo

Tuwamare

Thank you, TanyaPoss. I am prepared to face the problem and deal with it. I appreciate the input.

Tuwamare

I wanted to thank you both for your advice. I have found something that will work for me. :)