What's new
Wise Witches and Witchcraft
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls

Book of Shadows.

TanyaPoss

Spell for That & The Cauldron Moderator
Does digital count? Let’s talk about it! What are your thoughts about keeping your entire B.O.S in folders on your devices vs sitting down and writing everything out into your books by hand?

Malcolm

I have both. I think it works well this way. I have one when on the go and I have one for when out of service, power, nostalgia, or to pass on.
I have two, one for working out a spell, to see how it works or if it works. One for when I know a spell works. I keep a book of Ideas as well, but that is deeper, for those things you get a feeling about and try to explore.

MagikalMonkey

I have multiple books but I have come to like having access on my phone for travel, less to carry/pack. One thing I did was to scan pages from my grimoire using the Notes app on my iPhone, easy peasy! :)

Amaranth3149

I have both. I like having the physical copy of things when doing ritual, plus being able to make notes. The digital one is random information found online. In situations when I am away from home, it's easy access if needed. I do keep my rituals off of digital, though. Nothing that I wouldn't allow my 7 year old niece to participate in, but I have always done short, simple rituals. Knowing my past, I am certain that I would be made fun of.

LiathGallese

When I was working in a group we had a BOS for our group, with correspondences, rituals, invocations so that as a group we all headed in the same direction for rituals.
As a solitary, I have a journal that I occaissionally write in, but as a general practice I dont write things down. I just spontaniously "make magic." 😂

Kodiak308

I have a BOS, but im about to dispose of it... I have been non practicing for almost 20 years, and at the time I wrote that one, I was in a different place, in my heart, in my spirit... thats an energy I don't really need to carry on. So, I have a new book, that is blank... I will be filling it as I go. I will basically be relearning everything, in a way.

Jonny Noir

I have books for everything. I like being able to decorate them and cut out and add pictures that speak to me. I've tried digital and I liked doing it that way for a lot of reasons, but I just like physically holding my story in my hands. I do want them to be for my eyes only, so I do worry about who will stumble across them someday.